For me, Ramadan would not be the same without my favourite, fried, triangular treats… samosas of course! Today I am going to share a recipe for some incredibly delicious jalapeño, chicken and cheese samosas. This samosa flavour is really popular and has taken the internet by storm! My family and I have been enjoying them for the last few years so I thought I would share our recipe. I have also collaborated with Hellmann’s by using their mayonnaise to create a perfect, creamy filling. Take a peek…
The samosas are crispy on the outside and deliciously creamy on the inside thanks to the mayonnaise! The addition of the jalapeños gives it a nice kick too. It would be great to make for iftar or even for your guests on Eid!
Try it out and let me know how you get on.
- 500g chicken fillet, cubed
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (to cook chicken)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1/2 green and red pepper, chopped
- 3 jalapeños, finely sliced (can add less if you want less spice)
- 3 large chillis, finely sliced (you can also add chilli paste)
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Samosa leaves
- Oil for frying
- Heat a pan with 3tbsp vegetable oil over medium to high heat.
- Add in the chicken, salt, pepper and ginger garlic paste. Cook and stir until the chicken has cooked and make sure the water content has reduced.
- Lower the heat and add in Hellmann's mayonnaise, lemon juice, peppers, jalapeños, coriander and chillis.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add in the cheese and mix well.
- Fill samosa leaves with chicken and cheese mix.
- Dip in egg wash and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry in shallow or deep oil until golden brown.
- These can be prepared and frozen in advance.