Summer is in full swing and I have a dish that’s perfect for BBQ season – PERI PERI RICE! It’s spicy, delicious and super easy to make. I served it with peri peri chicken and some grilled corn. Feel free to add more chilli if you want to turn up the heat. Let me know if you try it out!
PERI PERI RICE RECIPE
Serves 4-5 people Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25- 20mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
Juice of half a lime
300g white basmati rice
600ml chicken stock
2 tsp salt
100g frozen peas
- Start by heating a pot with olive oil on a medium to high heat
- Add the onion, red pepper and garlic and stir until slightly softened
- Next add the chilli flakes, turmeric, paprika and lime juice. Stir until combined (you may need to add a splash of water if the ingredients start sticking to the pot)
- Add 300g of rinsed rice along with the chicken stock and salt
- Stir on a high heat and once it has boiled, reduce the heat and cover for 8 minutes
- After 8 minutes, mix in the frozen peas and cover again until the rice has completely cooked (this may vary but should take around 10-15 minutes).
- Serve with your favourite peri peri sides
This recipe is absolutely brilliant. I’ve made it so many times and its always been a hit with kids and adults alike. Shukran for sharing!!