Every Ramadan I say that I will not have fried foods, but then Mum puts a dozen of samosas on the table and I can’t help myself! Potato cutlets are another fried food favourite in our house that I just can’t resist. They’re perfect for snacking on with a blob of chutney or when put into a wrap for a more filling option.
Check out the recipe below!
– Ayesha x
- 5 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 7 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Cook unpeeled potatos in a large saucepan in water over a high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Once cooked, drain the water and peel the potatoes.
- Add salt, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper and fresh coriander to the potatoes and mash until smooth in consistency.
- Shape potatoes into cutlets.
- Coat each cutlet in breadcrumbs and fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown.