Slow cooked lamb is a dish my family and I often have on Eid and it always goes down a treat! It’s a lot easier to make than you’d think and it’s really impressive. The secret to making the dish stand out is to use good quality meat such as Tom Hixson’s Te Mana leg of lamb! The quality is amazing and definitely outshines the lamb I get from my local butcher!
Tom Hixson of Smithfield have a large variety of halal meat on offer which you can purchase online and get delivered straight to your door. They really stand out from the crowd by offering a great selection of unique and exciting halal meat from USDA Black Angus Chateaubriand to wild Atlantic salt ages sirloin!
- 500g x Halal Beef Bacon (Worth £8.95)
- 8 x 70g Halal Beef Hot Dogs (Worth £14.95)
- 5kg x Halal Chicken Skinless Boneless Thighmeat (Worth £35)
- 2kg x Halal Te Mana Lamb Leg (Worth £34.95)
Click here if you’d like to check out the Ramadan & Eid box on the Tom Hixson website.
My favourite was definitely the Te Mana Lamb Leg and my family and I all agreed that the quality of meat really stood out, making it the perfect treat for Eid! If you’d like the recipe for my slow cooked lamb, check out the recipe below.
- Tom Hixson Te Mana leg of lamb (2kg with bone)
- 3 tsp salt
- 4tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 2 tsp crushed green chillis
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350ml water
- Cut slits in the front and back of the lamb
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinate and rub well on the lamb
- Place lamb in a large pot and add water
- Slow cook for 2 hours on low- medium heat. Turn the lamb over 30mins
- Serve and pour over the meat juices from the pot