If you’re looking for a quick and easy rice dish then look no further! Today I’m showing you how to make a tandoori chicken and rice bake. It’s SO simple, tastes delicious and would be great for iftar or even Eid. This dish looks so impressive… no one will ever know how easy it is to make! It’s important to use the finest quality basmati rice like Tilda rice which can absorb moisture and cook well. Be sure to try it out and let me know how you get on!
TANDOORI CHICKEN & RICE BAKE RECIPE
Serves: 5-6 people Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 1 hour
3 chicken breasts
1 tbsp tandoori masala
500ml chicken stock
1tsp garlic paste
1/2 green chilli, sliced
125ml double cream
125ml whole milk
2 cups Tilda Pure Basmati rice
Fried onions (you can buy this ready made)
Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C .
- Begin by marinating the chicken in tandoori masala. Set aside.
- Take a large casserole dish (9×13 inch) and add in the chicken stock, salt, garlic paste, green chilli, cream and milk. Mix together until everything is well combined.
- Add in the Tilda Pure Basmati rice and mix again.
- To the top, layer on enough fried onions to cover the dish.
- Carefully add the chicken breasts to the top as well as a knob of butter (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5-10mins before eating.
Note: This post has been sponsored by Tilda
This is amazing! You forgot to add in the ingredients, the 2 tsp of Salt after the chicken cube is added x
It looks really simple and tasty. Thanks for this recipe !
Hi, are we using raw rice or freshly cooked rice?