Every single Eid I wake up to the sweet smell of fresh, warm Eid milk made by my mum! I’m sure a lot of you will be familiar with it. It’s made of vermicelli, pistachios, sweet condensed milk and all things amazing! Now…. just take a moment to imagine a pudding version of this delicious drink. Yep, I have it for you!! (Actually my aunty does, as I stole this secret recipe from her). It’s SO good, you have to try it! I had it up on my Instagram story and so many of you asked for a recipe so here it is… I hope you enjoy it
P.S. Check out yesterday’s Oreo and caramel mousse recipe here and EID MUBARAK my lovely readers! 😀
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1 level tsp agar powder
- Pinch of cardamom powder (more if you like a stronger flavour)
- 1 tin condense milk
- 1 tin of Nestle carnation topping thick cream
- Boil the milk, vermicelli, agar powder and cardamon until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Remove from heat and add the condensed milk and thick cream.
- Mix well and put into desired serving dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachios and allow to cool for 40 mins.
- Once cooled, place it in the fridge until serving time.
- Leave for 40mins to cool before putting in the fridge :)