When I was little, my favourite thing to do was to help my aunty bake just before Eid. She’d go all out and make cakes, cookies, biscuits, pastries … everything (she still does woohoo)! I’d volunteer my services which included sitting on the worktop, licking all the bowls clean and begging her to leave me a big fat spoonful of raw eggy goodness to devour. I’m still guilty of doing it and I still get told off by my mum for having raw dough in case I get ill. Well Mum, you can’t tell me off anymore because I have a recipe for eggless cookie dough that’s safe to eat and just as delicious! I turned them in to truffles and coated them in Kinder chocolate (my faveee) making them perfect bite sized treats – great for any occasion!
I hope you like the recipe and be sure to let me know if you try it out!
– Ayesha x
P.S. Come back tomorrow for another Eid recipe!
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1-2tbsp milk (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate for coating, melted (I used 5 large Kinder bars)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Begin by mixing the sugar and butter.
- Add milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Once fully combined, carefully stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll in to small balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the freezer for 15 mins, whilst melting the chocolate.
- Remove from freezer and coat the cookie dough balls in melted chocolate. At this point you can decorate them with sprinkles whilst the chocolate is wet.
- Place in fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.