I don’t know about you, but I am certainly missing all those samosas from Ramadan. We cut ties with them on Eid and I think it’s about time we bring them back to our tables. Today, I am so excited as I am collaborating with my talented friend Cook With Anisa and I am bringing you her super famous recipe for jalapeño, chicken and cheese samosas! I made them myself for the first time and they were so good! Her instructions were really simple to follow too
You can find Anisa on her YouTube channel cooking up the most delicious foods! She’s also going to be trying out a recipe from my website so go and have a look at that too! We decided to surprise each other so I’m looking forward to seeing which one she’s going to try out 😀
Find Anisa here:
- 500g chicken fillet
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp jalapeno sauce - http://amzn.to/2qI6vMK
- Half a red & green pepper, chopped
- Few fresh chillies, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Eggs for dipping
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Samosa leaves
- Coriander leaves and spring onions for garnishing
- Begin by cooking the chopped onion in preheated oil until nice and soft.
- Add in the chicken and cover and cook on medium heat until water evaporates.
- Add in the ginger and garlic paste, cumin powder, black pepper, salt, peppers, chillies and jalapeño sauce.
- Stir and leave it aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, coriander and spring onions.
- Once mixed, fill the samosas using samosa leaves and a flour and water paste to seal the edges.
- Once sealed it is time to breadcrumb the samosas. Dip the samosas into a whisked egg and then into a bowl of breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- Fry until golden brown and enjoy!
- P.S. If you'd like to see Anisa making these, check it out here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDtG8cZDDs