I love baking on a Sunday because it’s the perfect way to end the week and it allows me to kill any Monday blues with leftover cookies and cakes. Having said this, a couple of Sundays ago, I experimented with some cookies that were way too good to last until Monday. They were so good that I even contemplated not sharing the recipe and keeping it a secret all for myself (terrible, I know). But as the saying goes, sharing is caring… so you guys are in for a sweet treat, literally!
Huge soft gooey cookies stuffed with one of my favourite chocolates!
Be sure to tag me in any pics if you decide to try them out as I love seeing them!
- 110g butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 mini Kinder bars
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Start by mixing the butter and sugar together until fully combined.
- Add the egg and mix for 10 seconds (if you over beat the egg, the cookies will be stiff).
- Add the remaining vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt until a dough is formed. The dough is at the right consistency when it's soft but not soft enough that it sticks to your hands. (Add more flour if needed).
- Incorporate the Kinder bar pieces and roll in to balls.
- Place balls on a tray lined with grease proof paper and bake for 10 mins.
- Leave to cool for at least 30mins.
- The cookies may look pale and puffy after only 10mins, but they do harden after cooling. If you bake for any longer they won't be soft!!