I’ve always been super tired and lazy at suhoor time and often made my meal using one of those packet oats, with fake golden syrup that you just add milk to and bung in the microwave. This year however, I’ve been cooking up fresh, healthy oats and it’s really easy to do. I definitely feel better about myself and feel fuller and more satisfied. Feel free to play around with it and top it with anything you like!
Hope you like it
– Ayesha x
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup/honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Toppings of your choice
- Combine oats, water and milk in a pot over medium – low heat.
- Bring to simmer and stir frequently until oats soften and liquid thickens.
- Add the maple syrup/honey, cinnamon and stir.
- Serve in bowl and top with anything you like (fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts are great options)!