After a month of fasting, Eid arrives and somehow your small appetite increases by tenfold. You’re full, but hey you’re allowed to eat now, so you make up for the whole month in one day. (You’re guilty of it, I know). After your 3rd helping of biryani and your 7th samosa, you’re still going to have dessert. Well… how about a slightly lighter, more refreshing option? Mango panna cotta 😀 It won’t really add to your overgrowing food baby and is easy and quick to make!
I hope you like it – A
- 1 1/2 pint double cream
- 9 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3 tsp of halal gelatine granules
- 3 mangoes
- Begin by mixing the cream, sugar and vanilla paste and bring this to a boil.
- Carefully add the gelatine granules, making sure everything is blended well.
- Set in dessert bowls and chill for several hours in a fridge
- Liquidise and chill the mangoes
- Once the panna cotta has set, top with mango and some cream.
- Tip: You could use sweetened mango pulp if fresh mangoes are not available.