I love fries so much that I could literally have a plate of fries as my main meal and be completely satisfied. Although I enjoy basic french fries, sometimes I like to up my game a little and add a bit of pizzazz. Let me introduce you to my not so basic CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA LOADED FRIES!
The fries alone are full of flavour and super addictive. I added chicken tikka to make them extra special and topped it with yoghurt for a cooling dip.
They’re absolutely delicious and great for sharing (if you’re willing to 😉 )!
Let me know if you try out the recipe and be sure to send me a picture if you do.
– Ayesha x
- 800 grams skin on fries
- 225 grams chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon tikka masala paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 125 grams chopped tomatoes (I use the cartons of tomatoes in juice)
- Natural yoghurt (for garnish)
- Chopped chillies (for garnish)
- Chopped coriander (for garnish)
- Chopped spring onions (for garnish)
- Start by preparing the chicken tikka. Add 1tbsp of tikka paste to the chicken and coat all of the pieces. Leave to marinate while you are preparing the masala.
- Add oil and butter to a pan over a medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the onions and ginger garlic paste. Stir until the onions start to brown.
- Next add in the chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix well and leave the spices to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook on a low heat until the liquid has slightly reduced.
- While the masala is cooking, bake or fry the chips until golden.
- At this point you can also put the chicken on skewers and grill for around 10 minutes. Be sure to turn the skewers over halfway through and allow to cook until the chicken has slightly charred.
- Once the fries are crispy and golden, add them to the masala and mix well so that all the fries are coated well.
- Transfer them to a serving plate and top with dollops of yoghurt, chopped coriander, sliced chillies and spring onions.