We tend to always complain when winter comes around, but to be honest I actually love it. I love going for evening walks in London to see all the pretty lights. I love the feeling of cuddling up in a snuggly blanket on the sofa. I love wrapping myself up in my cosy scarf, ready to brave the chilly winds. I love the sweet and earthy smell of roasted chestnuts that drifts through the air of every street corner. But most of all… I love warming my hands with a good ol’ cup of hot chocolate. Topped with whipped cream, marshmallows, grated chocolate… the works! It doesn’t get better than that!
Today I’m sharing an epic, indulgent hot chocolate recipe with you guys! It’s super chocolatey and creamy, but definitely not sickening. It’s perfect!
Be sure to try it out and send me a picture if you do!
– Ayesha x
P.S. Have you seen my list of 10 amazing hot chocolates to try in London? If not, click here!
- 70g chocolate of your preference, chopped or grated (I used Dr Oetker milk cooking chocolate)
- 450ml milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 70ml single cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Marshmallow (optional)
- Begin by heating 200ml of the milk over a medium heat.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder until the chocolate has melted and everything is combined.
- Pour in the remaining milk, cream and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Continue to heat and add in the salt and cinnamon. Whisk vigorously for a frothy finish and be careful that you do not let the hot chocolate boil.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream/marshmallows/ grated chocolate.
- Try it out with orange or mint chocolate for different flavours! :)
- This is the perfect hot chocolate consistency for me, but feel free to add in more chocolate and cocoa powder if you like it extra thick!